All the steps are vital for a clean reinstallation of Unfair Advantage.
- Click the Windows ‘Start’ button and navigate to ‘Control Panel’.
Click ‘Add or Remove Programs’ on Win XP, or ‘Programs and Features’ on Win Vista/7.
- Select ‘CSI’s Unfair Advantage’ from the list and hit the ‘Remove’ button.
Windows Vista/7 has the ‘Uninstall’ button above the list.
- The uninstall process will start.
After a few seconds you will get a ‘CSI Unfair Advantage Uninstall’ pop-up window.
Check the ‘Delete Database Files’ box and click the ‘Yes’ button to proceed.
- The process will continue to uninstall the software.
- To backup your previous portfolios and settings proceed with this Step. If you do not want to back-up your portfolios proceed with Step 6.
Navigate to the Windows ‘Start’ button and click ‘My Computer’ on Win XP, or ‘Computer’ on Win Vista/7.
Click your local hard drive C:\ (or the drive you installed Unfair Advantage) and click the sub-folder ‘Archives’ (full path C:\ua\Archives).
Right click the ‘portfile.adm’ file and choose ‘Copy’ from the menu.
You can now choose any destination. Right click and choose ‘Paste’ from the menu.
- To completely remove Unfair Advantage from you hard drive you will need to remove the C:\ua folder.
Navigete to the Windows ‘Start’ button and click ‘My Computer’ on Win XP, or ‘Computer’ on Win Vista/7.
Click your local hard drive C:\ (or the drive you installed Unfair Advantage), right click the ‘ua’ folder (full path C:\ua) and choose ‘Delete’ from the menu.
- You successfully removed Unfair Advantage from your hard drive.