- Write down your User ID and User Number.
(Click here to see where you can find these)
- Also backup your PORTFILE.ADM file which is found in your \ua\Archives directory, and paste it into a different location such as your desktop, or thumb drive for transfer to the file to a new PC. (This step is only important for custom made portfolios. If you downloaded a vendor portfolio you can skip this step.)
- Uninstall your previous version of UA.
(Window XP Users: To remove a program that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
In the Currently installed programs box, click the program that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
If you are prompted to confirm the removal of the program, click Yes.)
(Windows 7 Users: Applies to all editions of Windows 7, To uninstall or change a program: Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.)
(Note: This step is very important for a reinstallation of the software.)
- When done saving, execute the downloaded file.
(Note: If you chose the .ZIP extension and you need help with extracting the content, click here)
- Follow the on-screen directions to install the software.
- Execute Unfair Advantage. Type in your User ID and User Number and download to unlock Unfair Advantage.
- Close Unfair Advantage. Copy your saved PORTFILE.ADM file into your \UA\Archives directory.
- Rewrite the Files.
(Click “Launch UA” on your desktop, navigate to “PORTFOLIO” along the top, click “Select All”, navigate again to “Portfolio” and select “Rewrite File Immediately”.)