UA Installation Download & Instructions
- Write down your User ID and User Number.
[To find your User ID and User Number navigate to your Windows Desktop, double click 'LAUNCH UA', select 'PREFERENCES' from the tool bar, and select 'ACCOUNT' from the list.]
- Also backup your PORTFILE.ADM file which is found in your C:\UA\Archives directory, and paste it into a different location such as your desktop or thumb drive for transfer to a new PC. (The PORTFILE.ADM file contains the created portfolios and settings.)
- Uninstall your previous version of Unfair Advantage via the Control Panel.
Delete also the installation folder (default location: C:\ua) from your local hard drive.
- Please click on the following link and choose "Save As ..." to save the download file into a temporary directory.
If you are having trouble downloading the large file, you may wish to use the open source Free Download Manager. (NOTE: Download Managers are not made or provided by CSI. Use at your own risk.)
- When done saving, unzip the downloaded file into a temporary directory. For extraction of the zip file you may wish to use the Windows .zip extracting utility. An alternate open source program that may be used is 7-Zip. (NOTE: Third party utilities are not made or provided by CSI. Use at your own risk.)
- Execute the setup file in the temporary directory.
- Follow the on-screen directions.
- Execute Unfair Advantage, type in your permanent UserId and UserNumber, and download to unlock the database.
- Copy your saved PORTFILE.ADM file into your C:\UA\Archives directory, and overwrite the existing file.
Download Times for the Futures Package*
|ADSL or Cable
|Dual Channel ISDN (128kbps)
*Download speeds may vary depending on your computer's hardware or operating
system, Internet traffic levels, server's performance, distance from connection
base (DSL), and, for dial-up and cable, how many people are sharing the line at
the time of connection.