- Write down your User ID and User Number.
(To find your User ID/User Number double click ‘Launch UA’ on your Windows desktop, navigate to ‘Preferences’ along the top, )
- Also backup your PORTFILE.ADM file which is found in your C:\UA\Archives directory, and paste it into a different location such as your desktop.
(This step is only important for custom made portfolios. If you downloaded a vendor portfolio you can skip this step.)
Copy the PORTFILE.ADM file to a external drive, or thumb drive for transfer to a new PC.
- Uninstall your previous version.
Make sure to also delete the folder C:\ua (default location) from your local drive.
(This step is very important for a reinstallation of the Software.)
- Please click one of the following links and choose “Save As …” to save the download file to the Windows Desktop.
Futures and Stocks Package (Software + Database) click here.
(All VantagePoint users should use this version.)
- When done saving, execute the downloaded file Ua2107xxx.exe.
- Follow the on-screen directions and launch the program after the installation.
- Type in your permanent User ID and User Number and download to unlock Unfair Advantage.
- Copy your saved PORTFILE.ADM file into your C:\UA\Archives directory.
(Click here for instructions how to move a portfolio.)
- Rewrite the Files in the Unfair Advantage.
(Click LAUNCH UA on your desktop | navigate to PORTFOLIO along the top | click SELECT ALL | navigate again to PORTFOLIO | select REWRITE FILE IMMEDIATELY.)
(This process may take several minutes to complete.)