Explore CSI’s Unfair Advantage $20, for a limited time. Access to any 5 US Futures within the CME and any 10 US Stocks within the Nasdaq with 18 months of history included.
- The Unfair Advantage database is installed and maintained automatically.
- Fast data updates are applied via the internet.
- Our data can be exported to most charting and trading software.
- Data formats include CSI format, Metastock, Ascii, Excel, and most software application formats.
- CSI Technical Indicators & Studies
Our lineup of standard study tools currently includes over 100 built in studies that can be applied to your charts, including:
- Moving Average Crossover
- Wilder’s Relative Strength Index and others
- Spread Basis
- Bollinger Bands
- Click here to view the complete list of studies and indicators that are provided.
Custom Trading Studies
UA offers an advanced analysis system that allows users to write and test custom trading systems. This includes an optimization feature with graphic and numerical results. Use VisualBasic or Perl to modify sample programs or write your own trading systems. Sample studies provided in the Advanced Study Library include:
- Average True Range
- Bollinger Bands
- Williams %R
- Ultimate Oscillator
- Emerging Market Study (a CSI exclusive)
Unfair Advantage comes with software that will transform raw futures contract data for a given commodity into a single continuous series. This forces any futures series comprised of many delivery months into a single series that can be analyzed over an extended period. This type of data is suitable for individual study or for simultaneous analysis of multiple continuous series.
The available options include:
- A time-weighted Perpetual Contract® data series, which reduces a given futures market into a single continuous series using a constant future-period-forward perspective measured in days and months.
- A back-adjusted series in which individual contracts are concatenated over time and adjusted by a delta difference (to provide smooth continuity to the data) as each contract rolls from the current month to a more distant month. Delivery months visited may be dependant upon either a given calendar date relative to the start or end of the month or the magnitude of volume, open interest, either volume or open interest or both volume and open interest, etc. Precise roll timing may be controlled according to the availability of delayed volume and/or open interest reports relative to the current trading day.
- A proportionally adjusted series, which is quite similar to the above back-adjusted series, except that the delta adjustment is done in percentage terms. This minor difference helps to avoid situations where a back-adjusted series might move into negative territory. A proportionately adjusted series cannot move into negative territory, but it can approach zero
- A Gann series, in which historical data is transformed into a series comprised of successive historical segments of the same delivery month over successive years. Using this algorithm, the output continuous series becomes a compilation of all July deliveries, for example.
- A Nearest Future series, which is an artificial contract representing a concatenation of successive contracts over time, reflecting the price, volume, and open interest of the Nth nearest future. In this option, there is no attempt to account for step-size jumps or drops in price as contracts change from one to another.
Unfair Advantage is designed around one or more user-defined portfolios representing the various futures, stocks, funds, options, etc. you wish to actively follow. The value of a portfolio to the UA user is that all of the items in all portfolios are conveniently grouped and export files are automatically updated at data distribution time. Your specifications for the computed contracts are stored in your portfolios, along with format and reporting frequency (daily, weekly or monthly) requirements for export files. Portfolios are designed to facilitate file appendage whenever possible, but will totally re-create files from scratch whenever necessary. Portfolios make it easy to access charts and studies that may be important to your market interests. Portfolios also make it easy to use UA as the data source for multiple analysis products.
- Auto Schedule- allows you to retrieve up to two retrieval sessions each day unattended.
Once your order is processed you will then receive both the CSI Unfair Advantage software link along with your Log In information to access the data. Trial expires 21 days from date processed.
When your trial has expired you then have the option to subscribe to one of the many subscription packages offered by CSI – Click to view packages