Unfair Advantage Version 2.10.8 Upgrade Available
Release Date: September 17, 2014
Last Updated: January 22, 2015 (Release 184.108.40.206)
Our internal Futures csi numbers have reached a limit:
This Upgrade will extend the internal factsheet to fix updating errors occurring on January 5th, 2015.
An alternative fix is to replace your UA\Archives\svr\uncdbsvr.dll with the one located @ www.csidata.com/ua/uncdbsvr\version\uncdbsvr.dll
Or for a temporary fix, you can go to your Database menu and select Download Replacement Fact Files and select the first one, Commodity Market Spec List. This option is temporary as the new market assignments have been temporarily suspended until customers have upgraded their software., or their uncdbsvr.dll ( Indexed database management module )
Customers who did not experience this problem can ignore this issue, some versions prior to 2.10.8 automatically updated this dll during an internal check for a new available version. This check has been reinstated in the current release.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Do NOT uninstall your current UA for this upgrade.
If you do, UA will no longer be usable, and a full reinstallation will be required.
- Data storage for stock splits, dividends, and capital gains has been redesigned for improved performance when updating. Conversion occurs after your next initial data update, meaning your exported data has been updated prior to the conversion stage. The conversion stage can take 10-15 minutes. This will not apply to Futures Only customers.
TradingBlox users: upgrade TB to comply with this new storage strategy.
- An option has been added to skip corrections to specified portfolios. ( see the setting in Portfolio > General page )
- Issues encountered when updating charts during data distribution have been solved.
- Incorrect reporting of stock symbol relisting in Roll / Delist report has been corrected.
- New charting tool to measure number of trading days has been added.
- Executing After Distribution Command will now run applications as an admin if initial attempt fails due to a required elevated privilege.
- Underlying historical chart view now provides historical High and historical Low along with the dates of these events ( extended information added ).
- Stock adjustment selections are now available at the individual market level.
- Support/Resistance Lines have been added in the charting toolbox.
- Gann Fan tool has been improved, with customizable settings.
- Charting controls have been improved. ( Refined in Build 28 )
- Chart Cursor window now remembers it’s last size if changed.
- Removed an xml manifest inadvertantly requiring Administrative rights to run the program, and call the API, and confirmation. Build 26 is obsolete and has been replaced.
- Horizontal Price Line tool available.
- Refresh Portfolio list error corrected when API portfolio present.
- Profit Trendlines now snap to the price bars.
- Execute Command After Distribution now recognizes parameters.
- Add A Day Updating has been added to Add Future Days feature.
- The program no longer abandons charts/tabs when editing the settings of charted continuous contracts.
- Update time logs are now recorded in UA\Logs directory.
- Field designator n# has been improved to include the prior delivery month ‘s pricing on the roll day record when exporting continuous contract data.
- Difficulty with moving charting tools within charts has been resolved.
- Update timing log in UA\Logs\ is now one file and maintianed in reverse chronological order, with latest results at the top.
- Compiler Opimization change.
- Improvements to charting, reduction in flicker when building.
- New charting toolbar, with Indicator selections relocated within.
- New charting tools: Quadrants, Fans, Cycles.
- Charting tools can now be locked in place.
- Color, Line Width, and Fill can be specified for each tool.
- Portfolio charting Next/Prev control moves thru already charted symbols.
- Horizontal tiling now available, chart tabs can be rearranged (drag/drop).
- Enlarge Price Range can be applied to all charts, useful w/ Horizontal Tile.
- Price cursor tracks in all tiled windows when within price/time range.
- New switch in Historical Adjustments to skip stock adjustment corrections.
- Strictly Roll By Days Before Expiration supported in API (-7) Documented.
- New option to Build Chart @ Startup of program for each portfolio symbol. Setting is located in Data Series setting dialog.
- Charting tool functionality has been improved.
- Inadvertant multi-highlighting of portfolio contents suppressed.
- New ASCII/Excel field ‘x’ to include expired contract records after rolls in Back-Adjusted and Nth Nearest Futures continuous contracts.
- Chart Annotations can now have test borders.
- Portfolio Manager item status bar tracks position within portfolio.
- Changed Profit Trend Line status text presentation.
- RefreshMarket(…) in API, use instead of AddCsinumToRefreshHistoryList().
- Data Series dialog now auto-selects Cash/Forward/COT/Econ/Other tab when seeking to chart, or add a symbol in those categories, away from any of the continuous contract tab options, which would fail to provide a result.
- Cycle Lines & Fibonacci Zones no longer disappear when scrolling charts.
- Data Series dialog auto-select feature’s filter has been corrected.
- Selecting a charting tool while table is selected now prompts the chart to be displayed before proceeding.
- Trend Line, Parallel Line placement responds more smoothly.
- Charting Colors interface now includes an Apply Preview button. Access to Indicator colors has been added to the Indicator Edit interface.
- An error message has been added when trying to use the API when not subscribed.
- Font size and Font Bold now available in chart color scheme interface.
- Chart Indicator colors identified as to which ones are assigned to current indicators in the color scheme interface.
- Charting Indicators applied to separate panes now display their scaling on the right side of the chart, rather than the left side, by default.
- Charting toolbar wraps when window size is less than width of controls
- Table price editor has improved handling
- Expiry Rule Editor was not clearing it’s deleted rule list. Fixed.
- Annotation text no longer incorrectly adjusts placement when moved offscreen.
- ASCII Field designator ‘A’ , when used in conjuction with ‘n#’, causes ‘n#’ to malfunction. This problem has been resolved and no longer exists.
- Market Price Down ColorChart added to charting color list.
- Charting tools drag locations have been expanded.
- Lock all tools control added.
- Russell 1000 Stock Index Component portfolio now available.
- Indicator Drop Down Lists are now in the top toolbar, out of the chart region.
- Trend Lines and parallel lines are extendable when Locked, maintaining their slope but allowed to extend or contract.
- Text, Rectangles, Ellipses are transparent, lines draw over them
- Added triple outputs to MA Least Squares, Triangle, Variable, Volume Adjusted, Weighted, Welles, Zero-Lag
- Added Line Width to Compiled indicators
- Trend lines no longer show prices unless you check View Values on settings dialog.
- Parallel lines no longer block objects underneath from being selected
- 2015 Holiday/Event calendar now specifies exchanges, rather than regions.
- Chart template associations restored and synced with new global template control.
- Charting toolbar no longer wraps when tiling windows.
- Gann and Fibonacci Fans have been merged into one control to handle their settings.
- Show/Hide charting objects control has been added.
- Indicator colors are now assigned individually and their values saved, rather than drawing from the global pool of shared colors, where changes to indicator colors in one template were assigning colors for indicators in other templates.
- Chart commentary edit control interface has been changed to draw the text directly on the charts rather than in a separate dialog.
- Keyboard shortcuts:
- < Scroll Chart Back
- > Scroll Chart forward
- + Zoom Out
- - Zoom In
- n Next Chart
- p Previous Chart
- d Delete Selected Chart Object
- e Edit Selected Chart Object